Income Protection Advice For The Self-Employed

What happens if you can't work? Join thousands of UK individuals protecting their income with BulbFin.

Get Started

Bulbfin Financial

Protect Your Income

Self-employed? What happens if you can’t work?

We’ve worked with over 5,000 UK individuals and counting to secure their finances against the unexpected.

To attain FREE financial advice regarding options for self-employed individuals complete the form below.

What happens if you fall ill?

Having the drive to become self-employed is an amazing achievement but it comes with risks.

Those include the fact most people will not earn money unless they’re working.

So, what happens if you get ill?

Discover Income Protection

We’re always amazed more self-employed individuals do not know about Income Protection.

In the event you can’t work, Income Protection will pay up to 75% of your gross monthly income as a tax-free lump sum.

How you spend this is up to you. It can help you pay the bills and maintain your lifestyle while you’re out of action.

Even if you don’t end up going back to work, Income Protection will continue to pay until the end of the policy term.

Why not spend 30 seconds completing the quiz below?

You will then have the opportunity to speak to an expert financial adviser for FREE who can guide you on the best options for your circumstances.

Submit your details
Fill in the quiz below. It’s quick and easy.
Meet your adviser
Take a call with an expert financial adviser to discuss your options.
Receive a tailored pension plan
Voila! You are now covered and protected.

Did you know that every year over a million people in the UK are off work for a month or longer due to illness?

And did you know that in the UK, the current level of Statutory Sick Pay is just £96.35 per week? That’s for employed people, if you’re self-employed you won’t qualify to receive anything.

Think about that for a moment.

Now, let’s compare this to the actual cost of living in the UK: an average of £500 per week. Not forgetting days out, other finance agreements and debts, alternative modes of transport, birthdays, medication, and other necessities such as clothing or providing for more than one child.

If you were unable to work due to a serious illness or injury.

…Would you be able to cope with £96.35 per week?

Regardless of whether you have children or not, if getting ill or injured means you couldn’t pay the bills, then you might want to consider income protection insurance.

An IP claim is not a one-off payment. Claims can last for years and will pay out up to 75% of your income each month in a tax-free lump sum.

At LV, the longest ever claim has run for 32 years and counting, for a member who has since been diagnosed with epilepsy following a stroke. Their payout now totals nearly £300,000.

If you would like to explore whether income protection insurance is right for you, then get in touch with us for FREE, no obligations advice.

Frequently Asked Questions

Great Advice To Guide Complex Decisions

Uncomplicated, jargon-free advice to start your financial journey.

Will tax incentives be simplified for venture capital trust investors?

Will tax incentives be simplified for venture capital trust investors?

If you are planning to invest in the Venture Capital Trust market (VCTs) and/or Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) keep an eye...

Read more
Reasons to Invest in the Enterprise Investment Scheme

Reasons to Invest in the Enterprise Investment Scheme

The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) is a well-established part of the UK tax and investment landscape. Here BulbFin shares...

Read more
Now is a good time to invest in Venture Capital Trusts

Now is a good time to invest in Venture Capital Trusts

It's a good time for investors to add Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) to an investment portfolio. They are a tax-efficient way to...

Read more

Risk Warning
Any investment carries a degree of risk and your investments may decrease in value or fail. The levels and bases of taxation and reliefs can change at any time and are dependent on individual circumstances.